So far, games like “Soul Calibur V” and “Mass Effect 3” have been highly anticipated hits during the first part of 2012, but it’s important to remember that the year isn’t even one-quarter. The year still has a lot to offer in terms of gaming and these are the ones that are on the horizon (each game is listed with its’ expected release date):
1. “Ninja Gaiden III” (March 20) – This highly anticipated installment to the “Ninja Gaiden” franchise takes a new direction with its new story, modes, and gameplay. “Ninja Gaiden III” also adds multiplayer to the series.
2. “Max Payne 3” (May 15) – This time Max Payne will be even more interesting and eye-catching, because its coming after a long time and surely the programmers have put a lot of hard work into it, the inclusion of multiplayer for the first time will certainly bring more entertainment.
3. “Tom Clancy’s Shots Recon: Future Soldier” (May 22) – A revisit of the “Ghost Recon” games from the last generation, this title offers a near-future storyline, and highly customizable weaponry. Also, the game utilizes Kinect for Xbox users, allowing player movement to manage weapons as well as other features.
4. “Borderlands 2” (September 18) – The game is full of actions, enemies, powerful weapons and new mechanics, offering great gameplay experience to their lovers.
5. “BioShock Infinite” (October 16) – This hotly anticipated title combines a floating city twisted by extreme ideas of American exceptionalism and the fast-paced combat that fans have loved. If you’re not excited for this game, you may need to check your pulse.
6. “Assassin’s Creed 2012” (October 30) – This time the game will be more historical, and will put you into action on the American Revolution, so the game has something new and unique taste for their fans.
7. “Diablo III” (Quarter 1) – As one of the most popular games of all time, it’s easy to see why this game needs to say on the 2012 radar. Not many details in terms of gameplay announced, aside from the fact that there will be no PVP at launch.
8. “Tomb Raider” (Quarter 3) – With a new designer at the helm, Square Enix is sure to give the series the kind of treatment it deserves. It’s sure to be a more violent and grittier than past installments.
9. “Halo 4” (Quarter 4) – You will be very surprise to see Master Chief is back again with a new enemy threat. The detail information is not yet available for this game because it is still very new, but with the passage of time we will come to know much more about it.
10. “Guild Wars 2” (to be announced) – With no subscription fee, beautiful art style and lack of a rigid-party system, “Guild Wars 2” differentiates itself from other MMORPGs. It could prove to be a real challenger to WOW.
11. “Hitman: Absolution” (TBA) – Agent 47 will continue to shock players as he makes his way through a dark conspiracy. With original game design, art direction and cinematic story, this next installment is sure to leave a mark.
12. “The Last of Us” (TBA) – Although the announcement of this title came as a surprise, this post-apocalyptic game seems to offer an interesting deviation from the usual zombie fair. The terrifying trailer only serves to help its cause.
13. “Grand Theft Auto V” (TBA) – The newest addition to the GTA collection offers an open-world re-imagining of southern California with missions, storytelling and multiplayer. It’s hard to say if it will be released this year, but it never hurts to keep an eye out for any news.
If these aren’t enough new games for you, go over to GuidetoOnlineSchools.com and look into getting a video game design degree. That way, you can be the creator of the next great video game!