The Apple MacBook Air MD224LL/A now features faster flash storage and a 720 pixel FaceTime High Definition camera and is a winner according to many consumers. An excellent performer, it is portable despite its full-sized keyboard and excellent display. Everything is packed into a notebook that is extremely light and very thin. Everything you do appears quick, due to its faster graphics performance and it is more fluid than ever. The MacBook Air is remarkably responsive and its flash storage is four times faster than the traditional hard drive. The Apple MacBook Air MD224LL/A has a 1.7 GHz Intel dual-core processor that comes with a n 11.6 inch high-resolution display, 4 GB RAM and 128 GB of memory storage and 5 hours of battery life. The performance is far better than the 2011 and 2010 modes and there are many meaningful improvements.
Its positive factors are;
- It performs extremely well even running Windows 7 via Boot camp.
- It is also amazingly portable despite its full sized keyboard and an awesome high resolution display.
- Despite its lightweight it is amazingly sturdy and rugged.
- The Apple MacBook Air’s MD224LL’s SSD is literally twice as fast as the SSDs in the 2011 and 2010 models.
- The ivy bridge processors are also more than twice as fast as the 2010 Air and around 20% faster than the 2011 Air. In comparison with the 2012, the 2010 Air appears rather sluggish.
- The 2012 MacBook Air has two USB 3 ports which enables the user to easily connect to high performance peripherals. The USB 3.0 ports make a big difference while backing up and file transfers are much faster.
- Another amazing feature is that a HDMI cable can relay audio/ video to your home theater, however, you need a HDMI adapter. An adapter is inexpensive and the sound and picture clarity is amazing.
- Although it comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB SSD, it is advised to pay an additional $100 or so to get a SSD of 256 GB and 8 GB of RAM.
- The outstanding part of the Apple MacBook Air MD224LL/A is its amazing display which is bright and crisp in clarity. Its automatic dimmer feature is another outstanding function.
- The keyboard is large and the backlit keys are cool and it has an awesome glass track pad.
The only negative feature is its low battery life. Another negative feature is that its RAM cannot be upgraded after it is purchased but the SSD can. However, it is expensive to upgrade the SSD after you purchase the Air. Besides, you may have to forfeit your warranty if you try to open your Air and upgrade your SSD by yourself. Instead try and purchase an Air with the biggest SSD. It is also advisable to not go in for the AppleCare with your 2012 Air as it costs an extra $250. In other words, if any part has to fail, it will most likely do so in the first year period. If it falls after the warranty period, it has to cost above $250 to make your Appcare worthwhile. It’s a kind of waste of money. Nonetheless, whether you go in for AppleCare or not, it is recommended that you go in for 2012 MacBook Air MD224LL/A. And, if you learn to use the full-screen views on applications, you surely can enjoy an amazing experience with this machine.
Price in Pakistan: Rs. 120,000