If you have ever searched for something online, there is almost a 100 percent chance that you have encountered a pay per click (PPC) ad. This is true even for those who may not be completely sure of what this is, you have seen them. PPC is considered to be a type of advertising used online where website owners encourage people to come to their website by paying for ads on the search results pages. When you use PPC, you only have to pay when someone actually clicks one of the ads you created. The most commonly seen PPC ads are the ones that are seen at the top of a Google search results page and the ones located in the side bar. PPC also displays ads in various online articles.
If you conduct a few of your own searches for different products or services, you are bound to run into a few of these PPC ads. However, it is important to keep in mind that just because a certain company is using PPC it does not mean that it is the right option for their strategy. Like any advertising or marketing, the ROI has to be positive, which is why there are certain considerations that should be made prior to diving into a PPC campaign.
Essentially, there are three different types of businesses that do quite well when PPC ads are implemented:
- Local service providers: There is no question that PPC offers a powerful tool for businesses trying to show up in local searches and Google allows you to place bids for keywords for a specific geographic area.
- Sellers offering difficult to find services and products.
- Businesses in markets that are extremely competitive.
If your business fits into one of these categories, then there are some tips you can use to ensure that your campaign is successful:
- Bid on keywords that are competitive. Be sure that you know what the lead is actually worth so that you know the maximum bid you should apply is.
- Be extremely specific and only use keywords that are directly relevant to your particular business.
- PPC is often quite competitive and every click is not going to convert into an actual sale, which means that you will need to determine what your actual conversion rates are and the way that will work in getting you new clients.
PPC is a great tool to augment the results you see in search engines and should be used to complement your other marketing strategies. You should not put all your marketing dollars here. Also, if you have never dealt with PPC before, then it is essential to find a company, such as BlueHat Marketing that can provide assistance. In fact, these professionals have years of experience and understand how to make the most of your PPC dollars so that you achieve the best possible results.